The Program Manager is responsible for the smooth day-to-day operations and administration of the program including running the program, submitting reports, directing staff, training, scheduling, etc. This is a hands-on supervisory position in which this Program Manager will not only supervise the Direct Care Staff, but also actively provide support for the five residents including participating in crisis intervention involving residents when necessary.
- Provide for the staffing and operation of a specific residence, including hiring and scheduling staff, budgeting, shopping, cleaning etc. Insure individuals maintain a clean, safe and healthy home environment.
- Implement all behavior plans, ISP objectives, ADLs, disciplines and recreational activities as designated by the Director of MR Services or the Assistant Program Director.
- Facilitate communications between Service Coordinators, Department of Mental Health, vocational sites, other Community Strategies staff, family members and other relevant parties.
- Evaluate staff performance at least annually and provide on-going supervision to all staff.
- Insure that complete and appropriate individual records are maintained in accordance with Department of Mental Health and Community Strategies regulations and policies.
- Foster good relations with neighbors, local merchants and the community at large to promote a better living standard for individuals living with mental retardation.
- Insure that personal, medical and nursing care, behavior plans, teaching programs and other services are delivered by program staff in an appropriate and consistent manner.
- Empower individuals to speak out for themselves, initiate ideas, and exercise choice about needed supports. Provide for normal developmental experiences by informing and encouraging individuals to participate in social and cultural activities in the community.
- Performs other job related projects and activities as requested or directed.