At CRJ we change lives and strengthen communities by advancing policy and delivering individualized services that promote safety, justice, and inclusion.
Working within a Community Corrections Residential Facility, the maintenance manager must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with various populations, including residents of the program. Must be able to assign, coach, and supervise residents in performing basic sanitation functions of the Facility, including cleaning of building and equipment. The skilled Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing maintenance and repairs as needed.
General duties include maintaining and general upkeep such as painting, minor plumbing, simple carpentry, and basic equipment or facility repairs.The Technician will also assist in responding to emergency facility situations.
Critical Functional Responsibilities:
* Patches and repairs walls, completes touch-up painting and repaints rooms as required. 25%
* Maintains, cleans, and buffs floors. 15%
* Opens clogged drains, fix leaks, and perform other simple plumbing jobs. 15%
* Performs simple carpentry tasks, such as installing shelves, hooks, shades. Repair/install door closures and door locks as necessary. 15%
* Changes light bulbs, may replace fixtures, and similar minor electrical tasks. 10%
* Maintains tools and equipment in working order, and maintains tool inventory; keeps maintenance room in neat condition. 10%
* Assists with handling of deliveries, and moving and assembly of furniture when needed 7%
* Performs other duties as assigned